I love having healthy & easy snacks on hand for the whole family. These sweet, no-bake energy bites take minutes to throw together, are filled with good-for-you ingredients & literally taste like dessert. They are on regular rotation in our house and I love having them as an easy breakfast, a quick snack on the go, a pop of protein before a workout, or even as a sweet dessert. They are the perfect little bite that is sweet, soft and perfectly crunchy. Today, I’m sharing this amazing recipe that was adapted by this one from the amazing Tori, over at Fraiche Nutrition.
Makes approximately 20 energy bites
- 1 c. whole almonds
- 1 c. large rolled oats
- 1/4 c. ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 5 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- finely chopped almonds (for rolling the bites in)
- Place all of the ingredients up to and including the sea salt in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles a very fine crumb, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Add the almond milk one tablespoon at a time until the mixture just sticks together and easily rolls into a ball: you may not need all of the milk.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of the mixture into a ball using the palms of your hands and roll each ball in either the ground almonds, chopped almonds. Set aside and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Store in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
This No-Bake Energy Bites recipe is easy to make, full of feel-good ingredients, and so irresistibly delicious! Enjoy!