On valentines day I always like to prepare something special for my boys and it often gravitates around brunch or breakfast. I love to make this day ultra special without being complicated. For me it’s all about creating memories, spending quality time together and having a little fun. I set up the table with little touches that are personalized and create an easy peasy menu that the boys will love. In our household, we can’t go wrong with pancakes, even better when served in a heart shape with little candies as a topping. This year Valentine’s day falls on a weekday but we can definitely make it special by setting up the table the night before (when the kiddos are in bed), placing little goodies on their chair and prepping my go-to pancake batter, in advance. With a bit of preparation, Valentine’s day will be as memorable this year, as if it would fall on a restful Sunday! Happy Valentine’s day everyone! -xo-
All my table setting props & decor are from my favorite party supply, online store. If you are looking for the cutest accessories for your next party I strongly suggest you stop by Blush Party Products. This shop is definitely a destination for trendy + modern Party Supplies. A one stop party shop catering to the Canadian market, finally!
MY EVERYDAY PANCAKE BATTER
Makes about 12 small pancakes
- 2 c. flour
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs add the buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until mixed (do not over mix, keep some lumps)
- Heat a pan with a small amount of oil on medium heat, pour into pancake shapes or in a circle large enough for your cookie cutter. (if you are using one to create a shape)
- Flip your pancakes when the bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden.
- Dress them up with maple syrup and heart shaped candies or whatever topping you like on your pancakes. Enjoy!